04 March 2014

My Father's World

“There is so much pain!” I cry to the Lord as I wrap my arms around a teacher at Berakah. Her one-year-old little girl has just died.  Last night I had a conversation with an Egyptian missionary living in South Africa who has just returned from working among the Syrian refugees--millions of displaced mommies, daddies, and children weeping over what has been lost in their country.  “There is so much pain in this world!”

“I LOVE MY WORLD,” says God in reply to my groaning.  Godfrey Birtill’s song "Outrageous Grace" rings in my ears: There’s a lot of pain, but a lot more healing

You and I are the healing agents God wants to use as He loves His world through us.  So we pray for the hopeless.  And we wrap our arms around the broken.  We cry with the sorrowful. We love the one right in front of us.

I see the nail scarred-palm of the Ruler holding tightly to His world.
This is my Father's world!
O let me ne'er forget
that though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the Ruler yet.